Independent, hands-on, solution-oriented
Discover hidden potentials in language & translation management. From text creation, content and terminology management to translation and localization.
The increasing globalization and internationalization presents many companies and organizations with challenges in language and translation management. This affects nearly all business divisions. Strategies, processes, technologies, data, interfaces - a constant balancing act between costs, time and quality!
- Technical writing processes (text creation, text management)
- Project management processes
- Translation processes (translation, proofreading, editing)
- Localization processes (software and websites)
- Terminology processes (compilation, maintenance and publishing)
- Quality assurance
- Data exchange between systems
- Process automation
File formats and interfaces
- Document and resource formats in translation and localization
- Exchange formats for language and translation data (XML, XLIFF, TBX, TMX, SRX, etc.)
- Interfaces between editing and translation systems (Across, memoQ, Memsource, memoQ, SDL TRADOS, SDL GroupShare, XTM, etc.)
- Interfaces between web content management systems (e.g. TYPO3, WordPress) and translation systems
- Interfaces between ERP systems, PIM systems, online shops and translation systems
- Interface development
- Defining economic and functional requirements criteria
- Comparing and evaluating software products
- Editing systems (Adobe FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, TIM-RS, Schema ST4)
- Terminology management systems (Across crossTerm, memoQ qTerm, SDL MultiTerm)
- Translation management systems (Plunet Business Manager, XTRF)
- Integrated translation systems (Across, Déjà Vu, memoQ, Memsource, SDL Trados, SDL GroupShare, Wordfast, etc.)
- Software localization tools (Alchemy Catalyst, SDL Passolo, QtLinguist etc.)
4 divisions, 4 departments, 3 continents
30+ languages, 20+ language service providers
Decentralized translation management
Redundant and inconsistent language data
No defined processes, no KPI
High amount of manual work (copy & paste)
Issues related to quality
Technical documentation, product information, marketing brochures, websites
Multiple source languages
10+ target languages
Multilingual InDesign documents
A number of country-specific websites in different systems
TYPO3 localization management
Translation of technical documentation and websites
Implementation of SDL Trados & MultiTerm
Creation and maintenance of terminology
Automated quality assurance
Optimization of workflows
Consulting on CAT tools (memoQ, SDL Trados)
Training of project managers
Support on demand via phone and desktop sharing
Localization Engineering (pre-and post-processing of files)
Product information, online shop and website
Optimization of data exchange
Reduction of translation costs
- Optimization of the entire internationalization process
- Implementation of defined objectives
- Translation and localization costs will be under control
- Optimization of internationalization and globalization costs related to language
- Time savings through access to our extensive expertise
- On demand support, adapted to your needs and budget
As part of the harmonisation project at W.L. Gore & Associates, we set about globally centralising translation management and the corresponding language resources. With more than 10,000 employees and sites all over the world this was no simple task, but thanks to Loctimize we were able to meet the challenge. We now work with the software solution which best meets our requirements.
Loctimize guided us through the entire process. With their help, we have gained a better understanding of the world of translation. They listened to us, took our needs on board and analysed our processes. They understood our very complex requirements when it came to the interaction between editing, translating, reviewing and foreign-language type-setting and the integration of Web-CMS, and offered us possible solutions. Not until we had taken these steps did we understand how technology could support our work and therefore also save us a lot of time and money.
What we particularly appreciated about Loctimize was that they catered to our specific needs and we had a well organised and structured team by our side, who fully supported us with this task.
Loctimize and its services were highly recommended to us. When we first implemented the SDL GroupShare server in our language services team in July 2018, it was the right time to analyze and re-set the internal and external processes with the assistance of an expert.
In a two-day assessment and workshop, Daniel Zielinski explained all important information about SDL Trados and GroupShare and went through the new processes together with our team.
The cooperation with Daniel Zielinski during the workshop in our company as well as preparation and follow-up were very comfortable and goal-oriented. Moreover, he was able to respond flexible to meet our needs.
Now it is up to us to put the things we have learned into practice. Hiring Loctimize was a step in the right direction. Thus, we can work with the newest technical standards and focus on the final product: a high quality translation.
We will definitely rely on the services of Loctimize again in future projects.