SDL Trados Studio 2015 released
The world famous translation system SDL Trados Studio is available for download since July 1st, 2015.
On July 1st 2015, SDL released the latest version of the translation software SDL Trados Studio. The new version focuses on the areas of productivity, quality and customization.
New features include:
- AnyTM Provider: Allows the use of translation memories regardless of whether the source and target language match the languages of your translation project. This way even documents with multiple source languages can be edited.
- AutoSuggest 2.0: While typing, AutoSuggest shows the translator suggestions from translation memories (100% and fuzzy matches) and machine translation.
- Auto-correction: Automatic correction of common errors, e.g. use of non-typographic quotation marks, misspellings, etc.
- Special characters: Inserting of special characters during the translation.
- Bookmarks: Allows you to create bookmarks within the translation document.
- Monolingual review (Retrofit): Translations can be reviewed in the original format and the result can then be imported into Studio, so that the translation memory can be updated with the changes.
- Translation quality assessment: During the quality assessment corrections can be assigned to specific error categories. Depending on the error category a different number of error points can be given. A threshold defines how many error points are allowed for a translation before it is rejected.
- File type for PDF: Studio now supports editing of scanned PDF documents.
- New file type for Microsoft Word 2007-2016
- A bilingual Excel file type for the translation of bilingual Excel files, in which the source text is written in one column and the translation is saved into another column.
- New look & feel: The design of the user interface was adapted to the design of Windows 8 and Office 2013/2016.
- Customizable ribbons: Software users can arrange their most commonly used commands in the way they prefer as well as create their your own tabs.
Existing customers can download SDL Trados Studio 2015 in the download section of the customer center to upgrade their system.
The Loctimize product training courses for SDL Trados Studio 2015 in German, English and French will be available soon. For more information, visit our website.
Loctimize is a market-leading expert for global language logistics. We support a wide range of international businesses and language service providers who appreciate the expertise and experience of an independent expert who has the courage to think outside the box. Our team develops customized solutions and supports you from development to implementation. Let language become your competitive advantage.
We are a modern service provider and your contact for any questions relating to language in the context of globalization, internationalization and localization. We support divisions like marketing, product management, development, documentation and language services - both strategically as well as in their daily business.